Friday, August 1, 2008

My bags are packed..

The day has come. My bag is packed, my bike is tuned, and my body is toned (well, as toned as it needs to be). It's quiet at my house right now, but I know in 3 short hours I'll be entering PMCland. Thousands of people will be buzzing around the Sturbridge Host Hotel - registering, catching up with PMC friends (some of which we see only once a year), eating (more like gorging), and anticipating 190 miles of power - the power to cure cancer.
While I'm riding, I'll be thinking of each of you that generously supported my ride this year. I'll also be thinking of those that you made your donations in honor or in memory of. I'll especially be thinking of my grandmother, who died ten years ago while battling cancer.
I hope you think of me and the 5,400 other riders. Please hope that we're able to dodge the "scattered thunderstorms" they've predicted, and if we are caught in them, please hope that everyone is safe. I know I'll be hoping the same thing.
It's not too late to donate! Click on the "make a donation" link to the right.

No comments: