Saturday, April 10, 2010

Training for '10

After emerging from a New England winter that was truncated by epic rainfall in March, it's finally starting to look like spring in Boston. Daffodils are peaking from the earth, robins are returning from their tropical vacations, and Pan-Mass Challenge riders are emerging from their long slumber - I mean hardcore indoor workout regimens.
I have signed up to ride in my 7th Pan-Mass Challenge, the 190-mile ride across Massachusetts on the first weekend of August. Since the ride is a mere four months away, I'll be spending a lot of my time training and fundraising. Come back to this blog often for updates!
This year, I've decided to join Team Kinetic Karma. It is a group of 15-20 riders of all abilities who train and ride together in the event. I'm very excited to be joining the team, and I'll write more about it in a future blog post.
Stay tuned for future updates on my training and fundraising. In the meantime, visit my fundraising page to make a donation toward my ride. My goal is to raise $6,300 this year for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. 100% of your donation will go directly to the cause. Make your donation today!

No comments: