Monday, May 31, 2010

Training Update

To train for the Pan-Mass Challenge, riders must put in countless hours in the saddle in order to prepare themselves for the grueling two-day trek in August. Unfortunately, I'm a bit behind in my training schedule. I rode just over 186 miles in May - nothing to sneeze at, but certainly not where I should be. Though I have a good excuse for my inactivity (I was busy finishing my thesis, which is DONE!), I need to get back out on the road.
I've set a goal of riding 500 miles in June. This mileage will put me at 750 miles for the season and will prepare me for some long and challenging training rides in July (Climb to the Clouds, anyone?). This is an ambitious goal, especially since I am either busy (graduation is on Friday!) or out-of-state (vacation!!) for a considerable portion of the month. I can do it, though (mostly because I don't have a job yet). I see bike rides to the beach in Gloucester in my future!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Make sure you sign up early for Clim to the Clouds - they are capping it at 700 people this year.

We are WAY behind too - I didn't even get 186 in (I think I got in 130). And we are also away a lot in June, and DO have to work. Getting a little nervous...

Jared said...

Already registered for C2C. Looking forward to it (I think!!). And we still have over two months to train - we'll get there.