Saturday, April 21, 2012

2011 Wrap-up and 2012 Goal

I like big checks, and I cannot lie.
Wow, it's been quite a while since I last wrote. As you can probably guess based on the above photo, last year the Pan-Mass Challenge raised $35 million for the Jimmy Fund, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's fundraising arm. That matches the all-time largest donation back in 2008. Given the recession, it's very impressive that the PMC continues to over $30 million a year for the fight against cancer.

2012 marks my ninth PMC, and it'll be a little different from years past. My brother and his fiancée are getting married (yay!) on the Saturday of PMC weekend, so I'll be Best Manning up in Amesbury that day. I'll still ride the Day 0 ride from the NY border to Sturbridge, and then Day 2 from Bourne to Provincetown. I will still do the entire 275-mile ride, of course. I will make up Day 1 on another day. It won't be the same, but I'll be damned if I miss my brother's wedding!

As for fundraising, I have a special goal this year. In 2012, I plan to raise $6,605.15. Why that strange number, you ask? Because, by raising that amount this year, I will have raised a total of $40,000 for the fight against cancer since 2004. I'm really excited about this goal, and I hope you choose to become a part of it.

Please help send me on my wayMake a donation today. 100% of your donation will go to the Jimmy Fund, which finances innovative cancer research that is, today, saving lives. Be a part of a cancer-free future. Thank you, and I hope you follow me on my journey to Provincetown this summer!

No comments: