Sunday, April 13, 2014

Back in the Saddle


It's been a long time since my last post in August. Since then, I completed the one-day, 125-mile Harbor to the Bay ride from Boston to Provincetown. It was a great day and a challenging ride, but I crossed the finish line strong and proud. Thanks to my generous donors, I raised over $1,400 for Fenway Health, one of the world's leading health centers for the LGBT community. I'm planning on signing up again for the ride this September, so stay tuned!

In November, the Pan-Mass Challenge announced that the 2013 ride raised a record $39 million for the Jimmy Fund, bringing the all-time total raised to $414 million! I am so proud to be a part of this efficient, large, and incredibly successful organization. The funds that we raise are saving lives, and there is nothing more important than that,

2014 marks my 11th Pan-Mass Challenge ride. For my fifth year, I am joining Team Kinetic Karma for the two-day, 190-mile ride from Sturbridge to Provincetown. In August, we will join 5,500 riders for the annual trek, raising over $40 million along the way. Please join me in my journey along the way. From now until August, I will be posting about my training and fundraising activities. I hope to inspire you to donate to this excellent cause. 100 percent of your donation will go to the Jimmy Fund in support of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's innovative research and compassionate, life-saving cancer care. Click here to make your secure, online donation today.

No comments: