Sunday, May 11, 2008

Start of the Season



Welcome! I'll be blogging about my training and fundraising for my fifth Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC), a charity bicycle ride to raise funds for cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Calling the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) a 'ride' is a bit of an understatement. It is two days and 190 miles of passion, spirit, and hope (oh, and pain). 5,500 riders and 2,600 volunteers come together during the first weekend in August every year (since 1980) to do something larger than ourselves. It's truly an amazing event, and I'm honored to be a part of it every year.
Over the next three months, I'll be spending every weekend on my bike (named AC/DC - I'll explain some other time) in preparation for the PMC. I'll also be conducting my fundraising campaign to meet my goal of raising $6,000 for cancer research. More about that later.
So, again, welcome, and look forward to more posts from me. Thanks for reading!

No comments: