Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great Biking Weekend

Well, those meteorologists were right! This past Memorial Day weekend was as nice as predicted. Temps in the low 70s to low 80s, low humidity, and abundant sunshine all three days - an anomaly in New England!
I didn't get in as many miles as I had planned, but I biked a total of 140 miles over the three-day weekend. Click on the following links to check out the routes I took and my biking stats for each: Saturday    Sunday    Monday.
Despite my pleas for no more flats, my rear tire deflated a quarter mile after starting my Sunday ride. I rode back home and fixed it (my rear tube now has two patched holes - not good!). Worse than the flat, though, was the fact that my chain didn't want to stay on the front cogwheels. It came off about 20 times while riding this weekend. It's a quick fix (just put it back on and go), but it's messy - my hands are still black from the grease. Luckily, I have a great bike shop. I brought it in to Landry's in Boston at the end of my ride with Rich on Monday, and they fixed it while I waited FOR FREE. They're great!
The coming weekend isn't looking great for biking weather-wise, so I'll have to get in some miles during the week.

No comments: