Monday, June 2, 2008

Efficiency

In the last few years, I've been working to improve my cycling efficiency. I installed pedals with foot straps to make my pedaling more efficient. I switched from riding a slow hybrid bike to a sleek and light carbon-framed road bike. I now have shoes and clipless pedals to maximize the output I get from each pedal stroke.
The Pan-Mass Challenge has also become more efficient. In 2007, 100% of rider-raised funds went directly to the Jimmy Fund, Dana-Farber's fundraising arm - I expect them to continue to do so from now on. Your donations are going as far as possible to provide world-class treatment to today's cancer fighters and to fund cutting-edge research to find a cure for cancer.
This is important: your donation isn't being spent to subsidize a bike ride - it is saving lives.

No comments: