Monday, June 30, 2008

It's Go Time

There are less than five weeks until the Pan-Mass Challenge, so it's time to step up my training. For two weeks before this past weekend, I had been taking it easy - I'll blame a brief mild illness and the ridiculous weather we've been having on my paltry mileage. This weekend was when I finally went into high gear.
I only had a few hours to ride on Saturday, so I picked a familiar but challenging route to Norfolk. I had to high-tail it back to Boston to catch a train to Worcester (I barely made it!). It was a nice and quick 60-mile ride.
Sunday was a bit of a challenge. I was already a little sore from my ride the day before, and a bit over-tired, but Rich and I went for a long ride anyway. It was a hilly 85-mile ride on some of eastern Massachusetts' quietest roads. The sun eventually came out, and it turned out to be a great day. I am quite sore today!
Best of all though, I had no mechanical issues on either day. This is monumental, since I started off the season with multiple flat tires and a bout of chain derailing.
So, I was able to ride 145 miles in two days. I've got less than 5 weeks to get to 190 miles in two days. Let's just hope the weather and my immune system cooperate!

No comments: