Friday, June 6, 2008

Heat Wave!

Meteorologists are predicting a heat wave this weekend, with temperatures in the 90s, possibly through Tuesday. (PS, can we talk about how unexcited the performers and the audience are in that video? Miley Cyrus could teach them a thing or two..)

I must say, I'm excited about the heat. I won't have to worry about wearing layers that I'll soon shed and have to find a place for. And cycling, unlike running (for the most part), generates its own wind "chill" factor. Plus, the routes I plan to do this weekend are either well shaded or along the cooler coast.

The heat is also good preparation for the PMC. As it falls in the first weekend of August every year, odds are we'll have a sunny, hot two days of cycling. That's what has happened the past four years I've been riding. Although, I have seen some photos of PMCs past with cyclists braving torrential rain. Yeah, I like the heat.

No comments: