Tuesday, November 16, 2010

$33,000,000!

Yep, that's me, holding probably the largest (in terms of physical size and amount) check I'll ever hold inside America's most beloved ballpark. Last Friday, the Pan-Mass Challenge announced that this year's ride raised $33 million for the fight against cancer, exceeding the goal by a cool two million dollars. Since 1980, the annual ride has raised $303 million for the Jimmy Fund - just incredible! Heather and I celebrated with 500 other members of the PMC family inside Fenway, and I was once again inspired by everything that the PMC is and does.
I have to give a huge thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU to all of my supporters and donors. I am so lucky to be able to participate in this amazing event, and you help me do that every year. Thanks to you, I became a PMC Heavy Hitter by raising over $6,300 and was rewarded with a pair of limited-edition PMC Heavy Hitter shoes, courtesy of New Balance, a major sponsor of the PMC. I wore my new sneakers proudly to the check presentation ceremony, as did many of my fellow riders.
For more information about this year's donation, check out the PMC blog. And it's not too early to start thinking about next year's PMC on August 6th and 7th. Please consider joining us as a rider, volunteer, or supporter. We really are getting closer by the mile, thanks in part to you.

No comments: