Monday, April 29, 2013

$37 Million to Fight Cancer


Last November, I had the pleasure of attending the 2012 PMC Check Presentation Event (with my pal Christine!). Every year the food gets better (Legal Seafood!) and the checks get bigger. In 2012, the Pan-Mass Challenge raised $37 million dollars, exceeding its goal by a cool million. Woohoo!

But 37 million is just one of several impressive numbers associated with last year's gift. There's 375 million - since 1980, the Pan-Mass Challenge has raised a whopping $375 million to fight cancer. This is in numbers not adjusted for inflation - the $10,200 donation made after the inaugural ride would be worth $28,000 today. Not bad for 36 riders doing something no one had ever heard of before!

In my mind, the most impressive number is the one I'm most proud of. 100. 100 percent of all of the funds that I and all of my fellow riders raise goes directly to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's Jimmy Fund, which has been working to find cures for countless cancers while giving every patient world-class care. Every dollar you generously give is going as far as possible to end cancer. I hope you're as impressed as I am.

The 2013 PMC fundraising goal is $38 million. My personal goal is $6,700. Together, with 100 percent of your donations, we will change the face of cancer care as we know it. Please make your 100 percent tax-deductible donation today.

No comments: