Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pan-Mass Challenge - Now 50% Longer!


Though the event is called the "Pan-Massachusetts" Challenge, the traditional Sturbridge to Provincetown route does not span the entire state. While Provincetown is indeed the "end of the road," Sturbridge is in Central Massachusetts. A few years ago, a group of riders from Western Massachusetts (my homeland) decided to start their PMC weekend a little early in order to tackle the Berkshire Mountains in the western portion of the state, in order to make it a true Pan-MASS Challenge.
This year I'll be joining them, along with a few of my Team Kinetic Karma teammates. The ride on Friday, which begins at the New York border in Hillsdale, spans about 87 miles. We'll encounter multiple long climbs, including a 10-mile climb of over 1,000 feet in elevation. We'll then descend into the Pioneer Valley, cross the Connecticut River, and ride on to Sturbridge.
I've decided to add to the already challenging PMC route for a few reasons. First, I've increased my fundraising goal by 50% this year, so it only makes sense to raise my riding commitment in the same way. Second, I have a great group of teammates I'll be riding with, who will motivate me up those hills. And finally, I have the time and the energy, so why the heck not?
I hope that this demonstrates to you my commitment to the cause. If I ride longer and harder, perhaps it'll inspire you to dig a little deeper, all in the name of a cancer-free future. Do it for yourself and your loved ones. Do it for those who have inspired you by their strength in fighting cancer. Do it for Charlotte. Click here to make your donation today. Thank you!

No comments: