Sunday, August 1, 2010

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

The start of the Pan-Mass Challenge is days away (five, but who's counting?), and the preliminary weather forecasts are starting to roll in. In early August, you generally expect to deal with oppressive heat and humidity until late afternoon, when dark clouds roll in and pour their contents on an overheated world (Mesdames and Messieurs, it appears the cloud goddess is ripe with rain babies! - where is this quote from?).
Well, not this year, apparently. The image above is from the 10-day Weather.com forecast for Bourne, the midpoint of the Pan-Mass Challenge. This is excellent news! While it won't be cool at, say, 2 PM, it will be a comfortable temperature for most of our riding time (which, I remind all of you, includes the 5:00 AM hour on Saturday and Sunday!). And those "0% symbols next to the temperatures - those are the chance of rain on each day! I couldn't ask for anything more. Well....
There is still plenty of time for you to make a donation to support my Pan-Mass Challenge ride. While I have reached the minimum fundraising commitment (thanks, friends!), who is satisfied with the bare minimum? I'm not, so my goal is to raise $6,300, and I need donations totaling $1,600 to make it happen. Make your donation today! Click here to visit my fundraising page. Thank you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad you will have nice weather! I'll get out and do some outdoor recreating too!