Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The $2,000 in 7 Days Challenge is Back!

It's mid-July - peak PMC training season! Last weekend, Team Kinetic Karma did a 51-mile training ride to visit Maya, our Pedal Partner, at her house. Because she loves unicorns, we all sported colorful unicorn horns on our helmets - she thought we were silly, but she loved it! It was so nice to visit with her and her family, and we can't wait to see her on Day 1 of the PMC at the Pedal Partner rest stop!

Team Kinetic Karma with Maya and her mom and brother!
It's also peak fundraising season! I'm thrilled to announce that my $2,000 in 7 Days Challenge is back! Over the next seven days, I have set a goal to raise $2,000 for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in support of my 14th Pan-Mass Challenge ride. If I meet that goal, I will have raised over $80,000 in my 14 PMCs, thanks to hundreds of donors!

Thanks to a good friend and his generous company, I have an incentive to offer to all of the people who donate over the next seven days. For every $25 that you donate, you'll be put in the running to win a one-night stay at the W Boston Hotel. A great place to stay for a vacation in Boston or for a staycation if you live here! Thanks to John and the W Hotel Boston!

Remember, 100 percent of your donation goes directly to the Jimmy Fund, Dana-Farber's fundraising arm, to support  innovative cancer research that is saving lives like Maya's and my team captain, Dave's. The money raised through the PMC is making a huge impact in the fight against cancer. Please make your donation today! Thank you.

No comments: